Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions that come with the ladder are super basic, and so is the whole unit, but I still need a little direction. Has anyone installed one before? All it says is "use #15 drill". There's a YouTube video but he doesn't actually drill it, he just tells you to drill it.

I've never drilled through car metal before so I'm very apprehensive but I need to know how to be able to do these things.

I have a DeWalt 12V drill and a good set of standard drill bits but none of them say "15" so I'm assuming there's an equivalent? Like 9/64 or ...?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
Yes ladder install is super easy.
Drilling is not tough at all as the door exterior is quite thin and also the fact that it is aluminum.

Measure twice cut once! Or drill once in this case :)

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
Not sure what hardware came with your ladder.
I opted for a threaded insert that locks in to the body hole and is installed similar to a blind pop river.

What came with your ladder?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what hardware came with your ladder.
I opted for a threaded insert that locks in to the body hole and is installed similar to a blind pop river.

What came with your ladder?
My ladder came with some sticky neoprene stuff which is even more awkward because it tells you to fix the ladder to the vehicle with the sticky neoprene and then measure up the holes but how are you supposed to measure holes and drill through already marked holes when you can't see through the neoprene? So weird.

It came with some large-ish screws.

Ha Ha not much else.

Now I need to google WTF is a blind pop river? :)

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
Dammed spell check
Rivet notriver

You should be able to slide the ladder into place (along the top and sneak it under the the plate light bezel) should be able to position it where you want it, mark and drill . I would expect , use the neoprene to cushion the final install between the body and the ladder ?????
Just guessing without seeing the instructions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I went with my gut and threw out the instructions - felt comforted by the comment that it was easy to drill through aluminum and just did it. Looks awesome! Thanks all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts