Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do quite a bit of off roading and camping in Sunny SA and Namibia and need to have a battery system installed for those long days when travelling is not an option because of the view! Unfortunately it seems to be a huge problem to have a dual battery system or something simillar fitted to the new Disco 3.
I need to know the following:
What is the output voltage of the alternator of the Discovery 3 V8 SE
What is the maximum current the alternator can put out (amps)
I would be most grateful if there is someone technical out there that can help. :wave:

· Registered
1,744 Posts
You should be able to fit dual optima batteries on their side, that will fit in the same spot as the original battery. The fit is tight but it can be done. I used to run dual Odyssey batteries that way, but I found the set up a pain in the arse, because if one of the batteries karks it (dies), it will kill off the other one in quick time, leaving you out in the mulga with no battery power at all. You are better off, in my opinion, to get a small portable generator to run your fridge/lighting etc.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Portable generators not such a good idea. They are bulky, noisy, smelly and in my view destroys the reason for being isolated. Will however, consider the other option. Solar panelling is another way to go perhaps. Thanks anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.