Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know there is no such thing as a dumb question, but this is on the brink of being stupid. I am new to off-roading and i am about to buy my first bumper. i will have a 3"OME lift soon as well. how important is the full brush bar on say a rovertym bumper. I really like the look of just the A frame but do i need the protection of the full bar. please everyone fill me in on this topic. are there any pros to just having the a frame or are there pros to having the full wrap around guard?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
First of all you will not get a 3" lift from the OMEs. If you are getting the bumper from RTE then get their springs. The OMEs are stiff and won't give you 3".

As far as the brush guard vs. the a-bar.... I prefer the a-bar. The brush guard will give you a bit more protection from tree limbs and stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John i have heard that if i use 751 DI springs in the front it will yield a 3 in lift and then just use 1 in spacers in the back. I have heard from numerous sources that this works great!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
With the spacer in back maybe but what happens when the fronts start to sag? I would go with the RTE springs.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am afraid to go woth rovertym...is that what you run? i have just heard so many good things about OME!!!

·
2,986 Posts
I have OME's and my advice is go with RoverTYM :) My lift isn't sagging at all, but the rovertym will give you more flex and be a bit higher.

If I had to do it all over again, my TJM bumper woulda been a RoverTym A-Frame, my suspension would have been a RoverTym heavy duty 3" ..

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
drum655 said:
i am afraid to go woth rovertym...is that what you run? i have just heard so many good things about OME!!!
No, I have my own brand of springs.

Ryan, your arse isn't sagging yet, but wait 'till you get to my age.... man, it's all downhill from here.... :lol:

Ryan is right, you will get more flex (tires will stay on the ground) with the RTEs.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
for the front i'd go with the full bar..... The protection alone is worth it... I use mine all the time for odd jobs too......

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so should i get rovertym springs and OME shocks? and what else is involved with the rovertym lift...will my drive shafts be at too much of an angle and require more mods or will the springs and shocks alone be enough? and maybe extended brake lines!

·
2,986 Posts
Call up steve from RoverTym and he'll explain what you need.. you can go with their shocks (bilstens or ranchos i think).. it'll be a little bit more money (I think my OME whole setup cost about $750 versus this which will probably be around 1200) .. but it'll definitely be worth it. You wont have to change it out in the future like me (I've only had mine on for less than a year, and i already want to switch).

PS. The RoverTym 2" lift will probably give you about as much as the OME 3" lift.. at least thats what people say.. you'd save a good amount of money if you wanted to go that way.. all depends on how much lift you want, and how much you wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.