Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been bulletined before but I'm new here so I'll post it anyway just in case.

Check the shroud that covers the dump valve outlet pipe. It gets blocked up with road debris. I checked mine today and it was solid. My vehicle has been service at the local stealership and I am second owner after them . This has never been cleaned before...............words will be had.

Hope it helps guys.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dump valve outlet is to be found :- if you are looking at the vehicle from the front - the right hand front wheel arch at about 11 o'clock. There is a rubber shroud which covers the outlet. This has a neck like on a balloon so when there is no pressure it is "sealed" : when the pressure arrives it opens up allowing the pressure to be released. This is where is gets fouled with debris. Simply remove this shroud and clean out debris from it and the pipe.

Since finding this I am now sworn to going around all the LR stealerships I can find , look at used Disco series 2 's, ask if the vehicle has a LR history and then check out the outlet.

What does everyone think I might find? ..........I'll let y'all know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.