Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking baout installing a DVD system in the headrests of my '03 RR. Anyone ever do this? Are there potential warranty problems, i.e., will it somehow void the warranty as to future electrical problems with the car? I haven't bought the sytem yet, so any recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DVD in Headrest

Rather than look at installing it in the headrest, which still needs a DVD player being installed elsewhere within the car, why not consider the LR DVD Player that is roof mounted? Buy it from LR and it will cost about £2,000, but I know that a few are coming up on ebay for about £560. These are brand new, and if you get LR to fit will cost another £100. I bought one some months ago, and highly recommend them! They fit really neatly, have a remote control and headphones and an AUX socket for a TV or Games Console. Picture quality is superb.

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. Where can I learn more about the LR roof mounted player? Do you have a website? (Is it just the LR website??) Thanks

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
You can save alot of money on an aftermarket unit

You can get a nice 12" LCD unit for $900 bucks easy.. I am sure you can get one that matches closely to your headliner color.. Save the money over a factory unit...plus get better options like wireless headphones, game plug ins, and a bigger screen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem with these roof mounted units is visibility. When the screen is down, you can't see adamn thing out th eback. That's why I prefer the headrest units.

A company called Epikproducts was recomended to me-- they have headrest units that match the RR leather interior perfectly. See http://www.epikproducts.com/

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dvd

Several things to consider

A roof mounted screen is only a couple of feet from your face and therefore you really do NOT require a screen larger than about 7 or 8 inches. Get a screen with the best resolution, I finally settled on a clarion having seen a demo car, and the screen resolution is just awesome..not even close to the LR units. You need to get a really (and I mean REALLY) good installer/shop as this is the key to the entire setup and mounting a good unit.

A boot mounted dvd/mp3 player is a good option for a source, and can be hooked upto stereo. Another relatively easy way is via a fm modulator but its a huge effort to get rid of all the stray noice floating around...a few suppressors required. This can be your secondary means of sound.
The primary means would be just for rear seat passengers via an infrared set of headphones which automatically turn off (believe me you need this). Its nice for the kids to watch dvds and for you to listen to music....

I went with a sony playstation mounted under the passenger seat and also ran a spare set of leads to enable hooking up digital video camera etc.. Benefits of this are that I can reach down from the drivers seat and change dvds etc. Downside is I run the risk of twisting my neck :)

Btw. My beast is a P38a... not L322

MY 2c worth...less with inflation....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts