Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, now I am just hogging this forum, and wasting time at work, but hey I like my land rover.

I have noticed that when I have parked my vehicle with wheels turned, my left tyre, is displaced further than my right in the direction of turn. My the same tyre, as also significantly more were than the other. Is this just a question of adjusting toe in, or is something else the cause for this? :wave:

Any advice would once again be appreciated.

Regards

·
Registered
317 Posts
Jayce,
Yeah, I don't think that they both turn at the same "rate", but checking the toe on a series truck is really easy...just measure the difference between the difference of the width inside the front and rear of the front rims...IIRC it should be what, about 1/16" or so of toe in?

Bogatyr

·
Registered
59 Posts
That’s caused by a theory called “Ackerman”. It’s engineered into a car to make the inside wheel turn sharper than the outside wheel. The theory behind it is the inside wheel turns a sharper radius than the outside and therefore need to turn sharper. Do a Google search and you’ll find some good engineering explanations of it.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.