Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I give up and I need some help. I have a 1995 LWB soft dash bone stock and the old compressor was always running due to some air leaks in the rear bags. So I found the leaks and replaced the bellows. I also bench tested the old compressor and it just wasn't putting out. I pulled the head off of it and found all kinds of metal debris inside. I sourced a good used one and tested it, works great. Now here's the crappy part, I put the new one in and nothing. Checked all the fueses and they are ok, checked all my connections for power to the unit and they are good. I have no fault codes and the switch under the passenger seat is in the on position, everthing is totally normal. What's the deal? I must be missing something here because the old compressor had power to it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Let's take a look....

So, let's think about this for a second. How about disconnecting the harness plug from the computer brain box under the passenger seat and jumping the pins to make the pump run. I forget which ones they are off hand, but I think it's 1 and 8. I use some sewing needles as probes and alligator clip test leads from radioshack. If this gets it running, I don't know what to check next. Do you have the EAS software on a laptop?

·
Registered
42 Posts
probably not mac compatable

Look up RSW solutions. I ipad and iphone, but I don't have a mac. I keep an old laptop around for this software and a OBD code reader software. Might be time to find an old pc and restore the software to basics so you can load it with your Rover EAS unlock software. It was a pain to get to work right with the serial cable and com port stuff, but now it's very handy to be able to test and troubleshoot and make height adjustments.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look up RSW solutions. I ipad and iphone, but I don't have a mac. I keep an old laptop around for this software and a OBD code reader software. Might be time to find an old pc and restore the software to basics so you can load it with your Rover EAS unlock software. It was a pain to get to work right with the serial cable and com port stuff, but now it's very handy to be able to test and troubleshoot and make height adjustments.
Thanks Kapnrover. I think my wife has an old laptop. I'm not a PC person but I'll see what I can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.