Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anybody be willing to let me borrow or rent their eas tool? I'm getting a suspension fault but don't have a tool to read it. The nearest dealer to me is 45 miles away and so is the closest independent LR shop. The code comes and goes so it'd probably be for a few days. I'll pay for shipping both ways or if you're in the NOVA area I can just drive to you to pick up.

I know about hawkeye, rsw, gap etc. I don't want to buy the tool just to use it once.

Your help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I end up buying any software it'd be rsw. Seems like their software does everything that the competitors do and for only $150 vs gap is $250. I'm pretty cheap which I'm coming to realize isn't easy to be when you own a Land Rover but the challenge is fun. I saw on eBay the Land Rover SDD software and tool: https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161962109024 and that looks like a copy of the dealer software. I've asked the seller a few questions but may try that for only $88.

Still hoping to find someone who can read the code for me. Found a small leak at the dryer cap lines that I was able to temporarily remediate. My initial thought was rear valve block but after soap and water test that doesn't seem to be the issue. Relay works properly also. I'm starting to think height sensor because when sitting still I can feel the front right drop then raise and the back left do the same multiple times within a minute or so. Wish I had navi for a quick diagnosis of the sensors.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well Brenden...hope in one hand, $hit in the other and see which one fills up first.

RSW, from what I can tell, is not close to what the IIDTool can do. Trying to be cheap and own an LR3 at the same time generally meets with frustration.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'll put the rsw software in one hand and report back because I ended up buying it. From the website, it can do as much as any other software can and its continuously being updated and improved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RSW is AWESOME! Super easy to use and does everything you'd ever need it to do. Reads faults for all systems, raises and lowers the suspension, reset service interval, live data, tight tolerance mode, you name it. I got a $12 wireless OBD2 plug and it worked flawlessly. Already saved me hundreds of dollars by helping me figure out my suspension fault. Chased a leak for weeks and it turned out to be a height sensor! Found the sensor new for $45. I was close to replacing the valve block and compressor. Good thing I went ahead and bought the RSW 4DCAN software. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.