Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 RR 4.6 HSE is giving me a EAS Fault and then lifts to the highest position, as I have just purchased it I am not at all familiar with this vehicle.

Can someone please give some guidance.

· Registered
26 Posts
Vic,

Having just come through the other side of about 2 years of EAS problems (I have a 98 P38) I would strongly suggest that you consider coverting to coil springs, especially if your current EAS problem costs more than $500 to fix.

Over the last few years I've gradually replaced my entire EAS system, at great cost to my insurer (extended warranty) and me. The problem is that once you've spent a sizable sum to fix one problem, its difficult to just abandon the EAS - with each expensive fix you're left with the misguided hope that all will be well. In reality, your EAS problems will never be completely solved, only managed.

My advice. This problem has the potential to ruin your love affair with the Range Rover, but it doesn't have to be like that. Rather than paying for your EAS system in increments of unhappiness and disappointment over the next few years, make a pre-emptive strike and convert to coil springs.

Cheers,
Rick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.