Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about getting a newer Range than I already have. Been trying to find a classic range, as recent as possible and without EAS.. So, I was wondering..
-When do they first come with EAS ? How recent one can I get without the EAS and what is the last year of production of the Classic ?

Around here, I´ve only seen as recent as a '92 classic. That one didn´t have EAS. But from what I´ve seen, the more recent ones all have EAS. Is that so ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I believe you are correct in that 1992 was the last year without EAS. Actually, in some parts of Europe EAS was available in 1992 on the LWB (LSE) The last Classic was made in Feb 1996. I doubt you'll ever find a 96 Classic. Very Limited Production. Plenty of nice 1995's, though, with the modern "soft" dashboard, like the Disco with much better ergonomics, better HVAC, etc. I have a 1992 Classic County with 190k on it, V8, still runs fine but needs headgasket. Planning on getting to it in the spring. No EAS. Has been a very good car. We did buy a P38, (95 4.0SE) and guess what? Its being towed 100 miles away to the nearest Land Rover dealer tommorow! Won't start, security issue, needs testbook to reset. Dealer gets $100 US / hr. The Classic has never not started, even when -20F. Actually, we used the Classic to drag the 4.0 back home when it refused to start across the street.

On another thought, however, the P38 has run very well, and has had no other problems. Its bigger than the Classic and very good looking. The EAS has been converted to coils / Bilstein shocks. This is a fairly cheap / easy conversion, so you could buy newer and just convert EAS.

We really like the 92 Classic. Ride is better than P38, has power moonroof, factory CD, keyless, heated leather, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Don't let that stop you from getting a newer one..

There are plenty of converted Rovers out there that have much lower miles and may be in much better condition/.... Many guys can convert thier rovers for a grand, including nice new koni or bilstien or OME shocks.. Its true.. EAS systems come with lots of headaches.. especially the first versions in the LWB Rangies, but if you find one on ebay that has been converted then whats stopping you>??

My 2 cents..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts