1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2,335 Posts
I think I have the data you are looking for
City -Poor
Highway - worse
In between - in between....
Seriously though. There are so many variables it is impossible to say.
Mine does pretty good in high gear and doing 1800 to 2000 rpm which in my case works out to about 90 kph / 55 mph.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know its not good. But seriously, marine engine manufacturers post this kind if data all the time. The results are often very surprising.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
May I ask why you are asking, do you have a project your are working towards?

·
Registered
147 Posts
For us.... about 12ish in the city on 265 tires/HD springs, Hannibal rack, winch bumper. Drive it hard or drive it easy all about the same. We celebrate 13 around town.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
May I ask why you are asking, do you have a project your are working towards?
No project. I have a drive to work in the morning on a very low traffic road. This means I can drive at almost any speed that I want below 50 mph. So, I was thinking, if I can get an extra mpg at 30 mph rather than 50 or 60 mph, I'd slow down a bit since I'm usually not in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
If you want to get a little better in town driving consider running in Sport Mode for a week.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I believe you'll see the best mileage right around the 40 mph mark. The transmission is generally in overdrive (meaning it's more efficient) and the engine doesn't have to overcome nearly as much drag as it would at 55 mph.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe you'll see the best mileage right around the 40 mph mark. The transmission is generally in overdrive (meaning it's more efficient) and the engine doesn't have to overcome nearly as much drag as it would at 55 mph.
Thanks. I'll try that.

·
Administrator
2,335 Posts
Mike
You think better mileage in town in sport mode? Hope you are right but I figured the opposite

1 - 12 of 12 Posts