Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, my truck got a massive wash today, and yet, still looks dirty..lol..but this is due to damaged/overexposed paint.
I used the Turtle Wax Car wash and that removed the cemented dust like nothing ... with a whole lot of hard scrubbing

I then used the Mothers Syn Wax and that gave it a shine I had never seen before on my truck :clap:

So what do you guys use on your trucks and are there any secrets you're willing to share about your trucks baths? :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
ahhh, wax on...wax off :D

El Capitan looks great! I need to do the same one of these weekends...

There's a few things I use...Mr. Clean for a quick wash...When I have an entire day I use a 3M Premium Liquid Wax 06005. For wheel cleaner I like the Eagle One product. It does an awsome job removing all that brake dust.

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IB, I like the new avatar, that angle is Killer! I was thinkin about your truck today. I was driving to West Palm Beach, maybe 100 miles from where I am so I had lots of thinkin time. But while I was driving I saw a few Discos and I don't know what train of thought I was on but I like how your truck has class with its white scheme and the Rangie rims( white is classy on ANY vehicle, specially Jags ). On the other hand, its a Land Rover and can outperform just about anything STOCK!...gotta love it!

ANYWAY!.... I had the Eagle 1 car wash in my hands when I was at the shop but went with the Turtle Wax car wash for some reason. Dont remember why though. The Eagle 1 was cheaper too! I try to take the longest, dirtiest road everywhere so my rims have everything BUT brake dust on them..lol..I usually just use Degreaser on the rims and tires.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Binary, El Capitan looks good out there shining in the sun. I think I may cheat on the wash part, I use the Mr. Clean car wash thing, but I always fill a bucket do I have that full of soapy water and I scrub just like any other wash, The Mr. Clean thing helps though. I like Meguiars products for the tires, the gel that comes with a sponge, works better than spray on Black Magic or Tire wet, doesn't get flung all over. I use Arm& Hammer leather wipes and the Cleaning wipes on the inside. And the last step is the Arm & Hammer auto glass cleaner, at least until I get the new tint put on then I think you may have to use glass plus or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.