Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 4.6 HSE Recently I have had difficulty with the Remote to enable the starter, I have put this down to Cold Weather or batteries as it operated when pressed adjacent to the aerial in the rear window, however at the same time I have now had the repeat of a further problem where after enabling the starter and turning the key to the start position all the power goes dead, including resetting the computer and trip counter and resetting the security on the radio. also all interior lights go off, Power resumes after the key is removed. The same problem has occured several times untile eventually the engine starts and all runs OK

Any Thoughts

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Sounds like a fault with the remote/alarm system and I would suggest before it gets any worse that you quit using your remote and at some point have someone scan it for a fault.
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As you are loosing all power I doubt wether it is the alarm.Check the battery connections and earths.My key fob had the same problem,turned out to be a bad contact on the battery pick ups in the fob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts