Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

I have a 2000 Discovery with electric front seat adjustment. The driver's seat plays up intermittently - currently only the front squab portion of the seat moves up and down, and the lumbar support pump works. Nothing else works, the switches move, but the seat motors refuse to obey... Any ideas?

regards

Mistervan

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
You might need to open the switch and clean it. Most likely that switch has gotten more use than the passenger seat so contacts might be dirty. I would open it up and clean it... by that I don't mean open the switch just take it out and clean the contacts for the plug. You might need to open the unit itself but as I have not done this I'm not sure if you can without ripping it apart ;) You can use compressed air to try and blast the dirt off before you take it totally apart, but I'm not sure if that will do the trick.
I would also check all the plugs to make sure nothing it loose... plugs can fall off.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
When is the last time you lubed the seat rails?

Maybe it is binding up and the motor doesn't have enough juice to move it??

The only issue I had was I blew the 40amp fuse.. the problem was located and the main power wire had chaffed and grounded out. Thank God for warranty!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All:

Any more thoughts / ideas on this one? I recently swopped the drivers' and passenger switches, and the problem STAYED with the drivers seat - so obviously NOT the switch.... What now - do not want to take it to the stealer. Mistervan

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Some Discovery's have had problems with the electric seats, where the seat, when powered forward to its full travel with the front of the seat in its lowest position, sticks/hesitates. Does it hesitate? If so, power the seat to the rearmost position and check the seat fixing bolts for evidence of fouling (if the seat does not move, perhaps its stuck on the bolt head). Apparently, there are two different seat fixing bolts. The ones for the 3 door model are longer and have a higher head, than those for the 5 door model. The factory could have fitted the wrong ones.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mistervan said:
Hi All:

Any more thoughts / ideas on this one? I recently swopped the drivers' and passenger switches, and the problem STAYED with the drivers seat - so obviously NOT the switch.... What now - do not want to take it to the stealer. Mistervan
Have you checked the fuses yet? :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.