Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
I am sending our 94 disco to be detailed and I spotted a controll box of some sort under the front passenger seat. Does anyone have any idea what it is for? I don't want the detail shop to get it wet.
Thanks again for all the info. :rellye

·
MG
771 Posts
CD changer?

If you were describing my Disco, that box would be the CD changer. Is there any writting on it? What does it look like? Picture?

Cheers,

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not on the Disco. '94/'94 is behind the right kick panel. '96/'99 is under the hood. It may actually be the audio amplifier, I don't recall. There's some relays under there as well. Nothing good can come of water under there, that's for sure.

·
Registered
367 Posts
On my '95, the CD changer is under the front driver's seat, and the ECU is under the front passenger seat, and has the code reader thingy attached to it.

I don't think it's that sensitive to moisture, since it's on the floor of an off-road vehicle, and they don't mention it in the "Wading" section of the owner's manual (same place where they say to unhook the CD changer if going into more than 20" of water). I also doubt that a detail shop would get it wet enough to damage anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.