Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everything and everyone. I e taken a hiatus from the forum but now I’m back and back with issues. I have a 1993 Roman bronze Range Rover Classic that keeps shutting off on a startup. I’ll jump the car and it will start up right away but when it’s time to start after like 4 days, the battery will be real low. I would have to jump it again. The terminals are all clean. I need help or if anyone knows a good electrical guy I the NYC area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hi how things going...
I would have the battery tested first....
Mine was doing this very thing
And it turned out to be battery

·
very disco
640 Posts
Agreed. A battery can test 12.6V+ when sitting but can crap out under load (cranking).

most battery shops will test for you for free, and it would stink to spend a bunch of time fussing with electrical if unnecessary.

·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi how things going...
I would have the battery tested first....
Mine was doing this very thing
And it turned out to be battery
I did test the battery and it is good....other than that I’m not sure what else it could be because I always have to re enter my radio code... it’s getting rather annoying and I’m trying to solve this issue before the winter comes

·
very disco
640 Posts
If you’ve had the battery load tested at a shop and it came back fine... you could pull a bunch of fuses and let it sit a few days

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check for a short in the tail lights
The holders can corrode
Very interesting suggestion about checking the tail lights. I have had this problem with three different Classic Range Rovers and have never been able to find what has caused the drain - up to 1.5 amps! Because I use the vehicles infrequently, my solution is to disconnect the battery, but that is not a real fix, of course.

Graeme Cooper's here in OZ are currently pulling the wiring apart to find the source of the problem on my 93 Vogue so I'll pass on your suggestion to them. also check the tail lights on my 91 RR

·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check for a short in the tail lights
The holders can corrode
Thank you, I’ve never thought to look there...I’ll definitely pass that along to my mechanic and Also is it true that the alarm also is a source of battery drain?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts