Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 lr4 HSE.

Low battery warning came on. I took it to local shop that specializes on land rovers and such.

They checked the battery (2 years and 3 months old.) Told me the battery is good. But after charging it they came back about 4 hours they said it went from 100% to 60%. So I spent 170$ for them to do a electrical draw test. They have had it for 5 days and still can't determine source. They keep thinking they found it (called me saying there was a huge draw on the ride system. I think they mean the suspension) but next day they dont have a clue again. New plan is to put all the modules to sleep and test if any are coming a was awake to early.

Ideas?
Could it still be the battery?

· Registered
1 Posts
Mate You need a new mechanic, very simple to do a battery load test for the first step. For a battery to loose 40% in 4 hours there would be evidence of a short in your electrical system. Regarding the suspension, it is very simple to electrically isolate by removal of the suspension fuse in the engine bay fuse box, other functions could be isolated using like practice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts