Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Defender 130 has just had a electrical problem develop. When I put on the parking lights the 5amp fuse for the right hand side parking lights and dash lights burns out within a couple of seconds. Any suggestions on where I should begin to look for the short or how I should proceed?????. Many thanks in advance. :bawling:

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
John,

If you follow the chassis harness where it connects at the molex plug on the right side of the inside of the bulkhead, down to where it goes into the frame, you may find a frayed area there, and also check where it comes out of the frame at the rear. Try disconnecting the chassis plug from the harness and see if the fuse blows again. If it doesn't then you know to check further into the chassis harness. Two other areas to look are up inside the front wing and at the rear where the bundle breaks out, right inside the bed, at the rear of the lights. If it's a solid short, connect a test light to the harness and iggle everything related to the side and marker lights. You'll find it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.