Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just got a 95 Disco and in the last week i had to replace the battery. After that i been having what it seems electrical problems. The truck will start stalling while i wait in red lights after running fine all day. My clock is always off and i have to reset the radio everyday ???? please help i finally got my dream car and now is not working....anybody in Orlando??

·
Registered
523 Posts
iceman:
I'm not that familiar with Disco l's as mine is a Disco ll,but I suspect electricals are very similar.First,try the fuse panel under the dash,then move to the relay/fuse panel on the engine.Check for blown fuses,more specifically the ones related to the sound system/clock,they are usually interconnected with other important funcions within the car,and it sounds "blown fuse" to me.Hope this helps.
Carlos :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Carlos Ill give that a try , some mechanic friend of mine said that it could be a problem with the wires at the coil?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You might want to have someone check the battery and alternator, good chance you're not mainttaining enough voltage.
Mike J.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sounds like the bushes are just about stuff in the Alternater happened to me but if not it could also be the wire from the coil to the dizzy but I dought it

Adam :beer:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would check a few things [not ness. in this order]

- Check your alternator with a meter and make sure it's putting out enough voltage should be somewheres up around 13.5 or 14 under RPM load.

- Check all your ground wires, remove the connections and clean them really good replace the wire if it feels stiff at any point. You should have 4 if I remember correctly. The grounds on these trucks can cause all sorts of issues.

- Check your ignition applifier, on later Disco's its relocated next to the radiator on the drivers side early it's on the side of the dizzy. Sometimes a dodgy connection at the ig. amp or from the ig. amp to the coil can be a problem for staying running. On the dizzy mounted ones p/s fluid can leak from the pump and belt throws it perfectly on the ig. amp module. It's almost like the bastards planned it that way. :)

- Check to make sure your coil lead to your distributor has a good connection. I always pull the boot back an inch or so take some needle nose pliers and push the connecter in deep [covered in di-electric grease] and then slip the boot back over. Some times the grease causes a bit of a suction so when you slide the boot back take a small pick and stick it into the boot to release the presure then it creates a small suction and helps hold that bugger on there.

Hope this helps, email me if you have any more problems.

Checkout http://www.get-rhino.com we need the exposure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:buttrock:
V8_Agro said:
Sounds like the bushes are just about stuff in the Alternater happened to me but if not it could also be the wire from the coil to the dizzy but I dought it

Adam :beer:
thanks dude i ll give that a try see if could get this thing resolved

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:clap:
RedRhinoProducts said:
I would check a few things [not ness. in this order]

- Check your alternator with a meter and make sure it's putting out enough voltage should be somewheres up around 13.5 or 14 under RPM load.

- Check all your ground wires, remove the connections and clean them really good replace the wire if it feels stiff at any point. You should have 4 if I remember correctly. The grounds on these trucks can cause all sorts of issues.

- Check your ignition applifier, on later Disco's its relocated next to the radiator on the drivers side early it's on the side of the dizzy. Sometimes a dodgy connection at the ig. amp or from the ig. amp to the coil can be a problem for staying running. On the dizzy mounted ones p/s fluid can leak from the pump and belt throws it perfectly on the ig. amp module. It's almost like the bastards planned it that way. :)

- Check to make sure your coil lead to your distributor has a good connection. I always pull the boot back an inch or so take some needle nose pliers and push the connecter in deep [covered in di-electric grease] and then slip the boot back over. Some times the grease causes a bit of a suction so when you slide the boot back take a small pick and stick it into the boot to release the presure then it creates a small suction and helps hold that bugger on there.

Hope this helps, email me if you have any more problems.

Checkout http://www.get-rhino.com we need the exposure.
cool site we need something like that in central Florida

1 - 8 of 8 Posts