Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98' Discovery, When I open any door while the disco is on, the stereo shuts off and the interior lights, if they are on, also if i have the lights set to turn on when the doors open it still doesnt turn on. I picked this disco up about a week ago and the previous owner had the stereo replaced and im assuming possibly messed with the electrical wiring that now makes it malfunction when the doors are open. What should i do

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
These trucks have their share of electrical gremlins to begin with. When you start modifying, it throws a wrench into the works.

You can download the RAVE manual and look at the electrical diagram and try to sort out what this person did to install the radio. If I had to guess, they found a wire they could get +12v from and tapped it. It was the wrong wire. If you can get it back to where it was pre-butchery, then you can buy the proper pigtail to mate the radio with the Rover system. Metra should have one.

If you just bought a Discovery, you have WAY MORE to be concerned about than the radio. Start reading the D forums about all the things you need to be looking at to keep your truck out of the crusher. There's plenty with the D2 that applies to your truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.