Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update: After a few weeks of fighting with the cluster floating in the car (unbolted and dash surround apart), so when an "episode" happened i could move it around to make it normal again... i finally did some further disgnostics... ie. poking and proding... it appears the connector was very loose (probably throwing off some of the pins), so i wedged some cut off zip ties in there as shims and it appears to work fine now! 2 weeks of driving around ok. i guess that was the problem! just a loose connection! hopefully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update: After a few weeks of fighting with the cluster floating in the car (unbolted and dash surround apart), so when an "episode" happened i could move it around to make it normal again... i finally did some further disgnostics... ie. poking and proding... it appears the connector was very loose (probably throwing off some of the pins), so i wedged some cut off zip ties in there as shims and it appears to work fine now! 2 weeks of driving around ok. i guess that was the problem! just a loose connection! hopefully.
What about die electric grease?

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, so I took it to the shop. Evidently is was the instrument cluster, which the medium BUS passes through. everything is fixed but they are saying they have to run some kind of reprogramming step and they have to get the codes from Land Rover. Land Rover America can't help them out so they are waiting on Land Rover UK. I assume it is associated with my VIN or something. Does this sound right?
I have the same problem with my 2007 Range rover Sport (RRS) HSE. The tire pressure lights come and go off, the parking brake light is on, and I get this message "vehicle fault, system shutting down (at times when I drive). I suspected the instrument cluster (IC) was bad (based on my reading) and a RRS dealer told me if that is the problem, a new IC needs to be made in the UK specifically for the car and the mileage. I have question, How did you get an IC and who installed it? The dealer told me that a used part will not work for a RRS. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, so I took it to the shop. Evidently is was the instrument cluster, which the medium BUS passes through. everything is fixed but they are saying they have to run some kind of reprogramming step and they have to get the codes from Land Rover. Land Rover America can't help them out so they are waiting on Land Rover UK. I assume it is associated with my VIN or something. Does this sound right?
I have the same problem with my 2007 Range rover Sport (RRS) HSE. The tire pressure lights come and go off, the parking brake light is on, and I get this message "vehicle fault, system shutting down (at times when I drive). I suspected the instrument cluster (IC) was bad (based on my reading) and a RRS dealer told me if that is the problem, a new IC needs to be made in the UK specifically for the car and the mileage. I have question, How did you get an IC and who installed it? The dealer told me that a used part will not work for a RRS. Thanks

21 - 26 of 26 Posts