Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new models are equipped with Electronic traction control. Any opinion on how useful it is on "the best 4x4xFar"? It sounds obsolete to me, but I prefer to ask people who know :).

I guess, having ABS wouldn't hurt anyway...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Traction control is much like anything on a 4x4 if you don't use it why have it, That said my opinion is a positive engage sytem like a ARB diff lock is better, the reason for this is that a traction aid is locking/slowing the spinning wheel not locking the diff PREVENTING the spinning wheel, why wait for something to happen before fixing it, stop it before it happens. That said i have not tryed the LR version only toyota's version it was nice to drive and better than nothing. I have followed a LR Extreme running with traction engaged and it did seem to work quite well, where i had open f/b diffs and had a bit of wheel spin that needed the heavy right foot and a retry to get through it. Some times any thing is better than nothing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, it works well, but you need to know how to use it, ie. don't pussy foot trying to prevent wheel spin as it only works when it senses spin. Also, if you use it alot in deep mud, it wears out the brakes!
If I had the choice, I would have lockers for regular use off road. :buttrock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts