Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just bought a Land Rover III Leightweight and are in the process to take the engine out because I have a hole in the block. Cylinder 4 connection rod came through the side. Did any of you eber weld a block and is it even possible. The other question any ideas where I could get a block?
Any help is appriciated. :help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where in Alberta are you as I am in Calgary. And have a 78 lightweight with a 2.5 petrol engine and overdrive, I might be looking to sell

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
The 2.25 petrol and diesel blocks are the same, so you should be able to find one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
engine block 2.25 diesel

If you live near Edmonton or Calgary, look into joining Alberta Land Rover Enthusiasts. Alberta Land Rover Enthusiasts Through the club you can get parts out of England at reasonably cost.
Many guys there with Series Land Rovers and know of or have spare parts.
I just toasted the 2.25 petrol engine in my '78 Lightweight, but have a 2.5 diesel that I want to put in. I am told not difficult to do and will easily bolt to Series gearbox which saves messing with drive shafts if I used a Defender gearbox. I cracked the head and block between 3 & 4 cylinders otherwise my engine is spare parts.:D

Bruce

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
I wouldn't bother with welding the block, you'd be better off finding a replacement for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts