Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i bought my first Range Rover last week. ITs a 1983 Classic, but has had some interior upgrades, i.e. elec windows, central locking, imobiliser,, etc.

It also had an engine conversion 5 years ago to a Nissan 2.8 Turbo Diesel engine. I would like to know why the gear lever/stick is sticking out the dash and not its original location. Can soemone explain this and please advise on the possibility of getting back to its original location, if possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hmm

Just a guess on my part (and I do not own a Land Rover, yet anyway), but if it had an engine conversion it is possible that the transmisison was changed over too. Someone might have re-routed the shifter to match up with the different linkage.

With enough time and patience, you might be able to custom build new linkage to put the shifter back in whatever place it is supposed to go.

This is just a guess on my part, I have worked on some vehicles with conversions in the past, and sometimes folks take the easiest way out to get it operational.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would suggest that you speak to the person that did the change and find out what you bought. Err, you DO know what you bought? :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Supercharged SVT Lightning Engine into P38 4.6 HSE

Adapter plate / bellhousing help!
I have just purchased a Ford F150 SVT Lightning Supercharged engine that has only done 4500 miles. I am wondering if anyone knows of a F150 Engine to Range Rover (P38) 1998 4.6 HSE automatic bellhousing or adapter plate manufacturer?
Cheers
Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts