Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
tried to get in and start my rangie today and press the remote nothing happened ,had to get in manualy with key but wont start because of engine immobliser , what do i do, i have towed it down the road and tried again and changed the batteries in remote.i am stuck pls help.
mark

·
Registered
96 Posts
The most secure car in the US!

mark-wrx said:
hi
tried to get in and start my rangie today and press the remote nothing happened ,had to get in manualy with key but wont start because of engine immobliser , what do i do, i have towed it down the road and tried again and changed the batteries in remote.i am stuck pls help.
I can't offhand remember the way around this, but I think / hope there is enough info on the bible page for this:

http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/becm/alarm.html

You may have to re-synch the handset once you have put new batteries in the handset.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Mark,
You might want to try this.
With the key or the remote, lock and unlock the doors, slowly, three times. This should reset the alarm system and then try to start the engine.
Good luck,
Mike J.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.