Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to reverse flush the engine using a Prestone Flush N Fill kit. Does anyone know which heater hose to cut to install the inline TEE for the water hose connection? Would it be before or after the valve or directly on the heater core hose? It's obvious on american vehicles but on this..... Also, Would adding a little CLR to the flush help or harm? Thanks :rellye

· Registered
317 Posts
honeybears,
Don't do it.
Just drain the system and refill. I've found that these "cleaner" kits have chemicals that are harmful to aluminum bits.
You should drain and fill the cooling system every two years anyway...
Bogatyr

· Registered
720 Posts
Yes, I agree with Bogatyr, there are all kinds of problems that can occur if you flush with (unknown) chemicals. Also, some of the kits came with a garden hose attachment and 'unfortunates' who don't know about pressure differences can end up with blown frost plugs or gaskets. The problem is that your hosehold water system runs at 40+psi (sometimes as high as 80psi) while the cooling system in your vehicle runs at around 20 psi. You can guess what happens when the hose is turned on full blast to flush your vehicle's system! One more thing, replace your coolant once a year if you can make yourself do it - antifreeze is cheap.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
If you haven't had the truck long and you want to give yourself some piece of my, change out all the other fluids replacing them with good quality oils and even some suppliments. A great thing to do is to flush the crank case, removing alot of sludge and varnish.
Good luck,
Mike J.

· Registered
102 Posts
honybears said:
I want to reverse flush the engine using a Prestone Flush N Fill kit. Does anyone know which heater hose to cut to install the inline TEE for the water hose connection? Would it be before or after the valve or directly on the heater core hose? It's obvious on american vehicles but on this..... Also, Would adding a little CLR to the flush help or harm? Thanks :rellye
Honeybears, I used CLR to clean my shower cubicle, which is one of the things it is advertised as doing a great job, within a week most of the tiles on the walls fell off and the floor tiles all became loose, this CRAP eats cement, Imagine what it will do to an aluminium alloy engine block and heads, Regards Frank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.