Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,166 Posts
The high milage sticky indicates that an engine flush needs to be done prior to changing the oil. Does this have to do with the changeover from conventional to synthetic oil?
DON'T DO IT!!! All an engine flush is going to do is possibly knock loose debris and clog an oil passage and then your screwed.
I recommend a high quality Diesel oil for a couple of reasons. First, the Diesel oils tend to still have higher quantities of zinc, which is critical to our flat-tappet engines. Second, they have higher levels of detergents, to keep our engines running cleaner. Thirdly, their dirt cheap and can be sourced almost anywhere. I personally run Valvoline Premium Blue 15w40 year round. They also have a synthetic if you want to go that way.
BTW-It's a myth that you have to flush an engine to swtitch to synthetic.

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DON'T DO IT!!! All an engine flush is going to do is possibly knock loose debris and clog an oil passage and then your screwed.
I recommend a high quality Diesel oil for a couple of reasons. First, the Diesel oils tend to still have higher quantities of zinc, which is critical to our flat-tappet engines. Second, they have higher levels of detergents, to keep our engines running cleaner. Thirdly, their dirt cheap and can be sourced almost anywhere. I personally run Valvoline Premium Blue 15w40 year round. They also have a synthetic if you want to go that way.
BTW-It's a myth that you have to flush an engine to swtitch to synthetic.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.