Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an engine misfire that suddenly just started. Local shop hooked up the reader and found #4 and #7 cylinder misfire and also Bank #1 O2 sensor problem. Light in dash was on and steady until today. It is now flashing continuously. Any ideas where to start. I was thinking coil pack. It would be odd for 2 wires to go simultaneously. Could O2 sensor be the issue causing this?

Just ordered Kingsborne #790 8mm wire set. Not sure best coil set to order. Also not sure where bank 1 O2 sensor is located. Thinking replacing all of them.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
First, stop driving it with a flashing light unless you want a big repair.
How many miles on your engine? If over or near 100,000 replace both front 02's and install new plugs and wires.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, stop driving it with a flashing light unless you want a big repair.
How many miles on your engine? If over or near 100,000 replace both front 02's and install new plugs and wires.
I cant type and drive, so I have stopped driving....Humor !!!

OK. Wires ordered. Will order O2 sensors. No Coil packs? Has 105k miles. Love this truck. I dont ever want to get rid of it. And thank you for the reply Mike. Harold

update...Both front sensors ordered also. dont even know where they are located.LOL.

· Registered
242 Posts
Cylinders 4 and 7 spark off the same coil. For a dead misfire, you're looking at more then just wires, and I would replace the coil while you're in there.

You can get just one of the coils, don't need both.

O2 sensors are pretty simple, in the exhaust, between the manifold and cat. converters.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Until you can verify, by replacing the plugs and wires if it is the coil, don't waste your money.
Dave, I agree, it could be the coil, but I would do the wires/plugs first and if need be then the coil and if needed, if the engine is over 100,000 to 120,000 miles, I would replace both for more even voltage to all 8 cylinders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.