Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a loss... I was meticulous in my dismantling and reassembly of my Disco for water pump and gasket repair. Wires were carefully labeled and reattached and everything tightened and cleaned. It started, but immediately the check engine light started flashing at me and it started clunking. Codes for misfire on 5 and 6. I have been through it and cleaned everything that could be cleaned, rechecked wires, and am certain that I have everything in the right order. Heads were not warped and there were no issues with the gasket. Suggestions anyone? I am about tapped out.

· Registered
455 Posts
I am at a loss... I was meticulous in my dismantling and reassembly of my Disco for water pump and gasket repair. Wires were carefully labeled and reattached and everything tightened and cleaned. It started, but immediately the check engine light started flashing at me and it started clunking. Codes for misfire on 5 and 6. I have been through it and cleaned everything that could be cleaned, rechecked wires, and am certain that I have everything in the right order. Heads were not warped and there were no issues with the gasket. Suggestions anyone? I am about tapped out.
What was the reason for the tear down? What codes?

· '03 Disco SE
573 Posts
Cylinders 5 & 6 are second from the back of the engine on opposing banks which probably eliminates any gasket-based issue, fueling issue, etc. They're also on separate ignition coils, so that probably eliminates any coil-based issues.

You're positive that you got the plug order correct? Even though 5 & 6 or on separate coils, they're right next to each other and it would be quite easy to reverse. Double check you have the routing right:

If that's not the case you may have damaged plug wires. Not outside of the realm of possibility, particularly after a HG replacement.

Are your plugs in good condition and gapped appropriately?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.