Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Disco II and I want to tweak it if at all I can. Is there anything anyone would recommend to add to the engine, or to upgrade/replace, such as intake..or maybe new exhaust? I'm clueless but know someone has to know what they're talking about and can help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would suggest a K&N air filter. They will increase HP Torque and get more MPG. Thats only 30-40 bucks right there so its defineteley worth it but might want to clean it 1-3 times a year. K&N also has this thing called the aircharger which is pretty cool and will give you even more hp and more torque and more MPG and thats like 150 bucks. Somebody told me that if I got a aircharger I should get a new exaust system. you can always get a computer tuner!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disco said:
How much money are you prepared to spend? This will give us a clue as to what you can do.
Well im 16 years old. I go to school 40 hours a week and work two jobs. I try to save some money and spend a little too. My parents pay for the car payment and insurance and I just have to cover gas which today took near 60 dollars to fill my LR up.

I'm really looking to spend no more then a $1000 bucks I can get by with spending $200.00 a month on fixing it up so nothing too expensive right away as I may have to save more. RIght now I have about $500 floating around that I was thinking about buying a lense for my Canon EOS Digital Rebel, but now that I think of it I could probably devote that money into my Land Rover.

I got a bid on tinting the windows and got the discounts for being a student and the price was $200.00 to tint all the windows! best price as compared to one tint shop that charged $325.00 to tint my land rover.

So any and all suggestions would be appreciated but let this be known I don't want to get overwhelmed, and I want to start slow. What is the first thing to do...? :drive:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Go tint your windows!
Performance upgrades aka Tweaking, can become very infectious, and, like going to the doctor to be cured, it begins to cost a lot of money, especially when you cannot stop 'Tweaking" (I should know). The reason I suggested doing you window tinting, is because, as you are a student, the amount of money you have to spend on 'tweaks' will probably not leave you satisfied.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.