Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used 2016 Disco Sport HSE with 36k miles. Clean car fax. After a few months the check engine light would come on and bucking while driving. Mechanics we liked cleaned out carbon after getting a misfire code. Seemed to run well for months and made some long trips. A few weeks back ,
Light back in and no acceleration. Towed to garage , mechanics says 13 codes come up and too big for him. Now it has been sitting at a Rover dealership for 2 weeks supposedly waiting for a new engine because they said piston was cracked. Estimate if 13k fix. Livid isn’t enough of a word. No warranty????? What the heck ???? What can we do? Did we buy a lemon with engine compromised?

·
very disco
2,211 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear your experience.

buying any car carries a risk, expensive or not. Since 2009 onward, the LR marque has been owned and operated by Tata Motors, known internationally as builders of the cheapest car.

all that being said, I had a coworker who purchased a brand new car which grenaded at 800 miles. Crap happens /-:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought LRvwas owned by Ford and/or Jaguar, according to our manual.?? Also, would there be any worth to reaching out to Land Rover for any kind of recourse? This happened right after warranty expired :(

·
very disco
2,211 Posts
Ford parted ways with the LR marque in 2008. Only from 2006-2008 did Ford own ALL of the brand, as BMW owned the Range Rover marque from Rover Group up until the end of 2005. It’s a colorful, incestuous history of ownership.

I sincerely doubt you’ll see any consideration, from LR, but you should certainly try

1 - 4 of 4 Posts