Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a problem with my 97 RR. The engine (4.6) suddenly stalls, after running normally 3-4 minutes. It starts normally, even after this but wont keep idle. The problem dissapears in approx 2 minutes, as suddenly as it appeares. It has happened to me five times now, and especially when its cold outside (-5 / -15 degrees Celsius).

I hope someone could help me, its pretty annoying building up a cue behind you downtown as this happens ...

· Registered
79 Posts
Shortly after I bought my 97 RR it stalled a few times, and would restart easily but not idle. I removed and cleaned the IAC valve and never had the problem again. It had become gummed up, so I cleaned it off with brake cleaner and cotton swabs, and then juiced it up with WD-40.

-Coach

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got this done last week. I had to wait for warmer weather... Stepper was pretty dirty, so I cleaned and gave it some WD-40 put it back in and haven't had the problem since.

Although I need to wait for the cold again to see if this really solved the problem - and then it could be winter 2006 already.

Anyway, thanks CoachDitka and Moto One for your help - I'll keep you updated if anything occurs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.