Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently whenever whenever im on the highway and travelling at speeds of 140km/hr or more i get a message on the dash saying ' Engine System Fault'. After that the car does not even accelerate properly. Even if i floor it it will take ages for it to go from 100 to 120. The engine check light does not come one either. If i stop, turn the ignition off and then turn it back on the problem goes away. I took it to the dealer but they said that they do not know what is going on since the car is not storing any 'error codes'. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
first of all have you set the speed limit control? if so turn it off. (read owners manual)
secondly find a more competent dealer than the one you are visiting... your model seems to suffer from software updates it may just need a tune download...
the "no codes found response" is not a very profesional or knoledgeable response.
last of you are speaking kilometers per hour any tech who takes it for a drive should be able to duplicate,...riiiight!. but if you are speaking 100 to 120 mph not very many techs will be willing to diagnose on a road test.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the electric water pump might have failed or have the pins on the connector backwards causing it to go into limp mode. I think there is a bulletin for it but I am not 100%.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So recently whenever whenever im on the highway and travelling at speeds of 140km/hr or more i get a message on the dash saying ' Engine System Fault'. After that the car does not even accelerate properly. Even if i floor it it will take ages for it to go from 100 to 120. The engine check light does not come one either. If i stop, turn the ignition off and then turn it back on the problem goes away. I took it to the dealer but they said that they do not know what is going on since the car is not storing any 'error codes'. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
The dealers do not know what's wrong. I found out, just by trying, that it should be an error coming from the anti particulate filter. Instead of providing the message of regenerating the filter, the engine system fault message comes up. You have to perform the following procedure: drive for 20 minutes with the speed of 60-80 mph, at rpm 2500-4000. It works.
Best
gf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts