Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a junior in high school and it has come time for me to write a junior essay. I have decided to write it on the history of 4-Wheeling in America. I'm looking mostly for websites and books that could be used as sources. I have a few, but the more the better. I want to focus mainly on land rovers, but of course that will be difficult considering it has to be about 4-wheeling in the US.

I appreciate anyone's input. Thank you.

P.S. - I just bought "Land Rover's Across America" it's a DVD about the history of the land rover in america. There are segments on Rovers North, East Coast Rovers, and many more. Lots of famous american rovers. It's a very good buy. I recommend it.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Just make sure to telll your classmates that if they don't visit Land Rovers Only at least once a day they will be doomed to a life of shoveling manure in a zoo.. :D

Serg

·
4,576 Posts
Hey Cellular, im a senior, good job writing about Rovers!...Guaranteed A, as they are unique vehicles with their appearance as well as their history and everyone (incase you have to present it) will find it an interesting topic. Nice to know youngins like ourselves are into a healthy hobby like 4-wheelin with rovers instead of only sounding like we're going 100mph but actually going 10 ( ehhemm HONDAS cough cough sniffle sniffle..lol..I'm a muscle car freak and i run them but the street racing scene is ridiculous..no offense towards anyone here, as long as you own a rover you're cool..lol )

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
amazing thing... there's another RRC in the parking lot. A 95 LWB. And the best part is he's a rover enthusiast as well! We talked for around 2 hours after school one day about them. haha. ridiculous.

·
4,576 Posts
heks yesss...thats the best.... when i was in school ( i've been takin homeschool since the beginning of the second half of the year) my buddies and i had a Muscle Car Club (SSR - Super Sport Rods)...I had a 65 Stang (289 A-code :shifty: ) and i just finished workin on a 71 Mach's engine, still needs tons of resto but im selling it (funniest thing is that i HATE FORD WITH A PASSION and i somehow always end up with'em) , My buddy has a 69 Impala with a 396 in it, his brother has a 71 4-door chevelle with a 307, another buddy of ours has a 62 Fairlane with a 289 in it as well, and another guy with a Buick Roadmaster (inspired by Jay Leno's) with an LS1. During lunch all we would talk about was engines, mods, and makin plans for hitting the strip....my point is... make a little crew, get to know the guys with rovers, like that buddy of yours with the white disco, and now this guy. Maybe some other people leave their's at home. Its the best whenyou can talk engines and rovers the whole day with buds. Kinda like having a live LRonly.com..haha

·
Registered
23 Posts
A couple of months ago I saw a show on the first trip accross america in a car it wasnt for wheel but it should have been I live in Colorado and the places these guys took their car was amazing, it had pictures they were nuts almost didnt make it lots of times. (Just think going through the rockies with no roads and two wheels to boot) I think you have to start with the military a bit, thats where they started and why. At least in the USA. Good luck let us know how it goes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.