Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings from Langley......brought this truck over from the UK.....purchased from L Jackson & Co july 2002.....many many upgrades since though..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi there,
My wife and I have been toying with the idea of possably emigrating to Canada in a few years :wave: and I was wondering what sort of red tape problems you had inporting your vehicle, ie freight costs, delays, emissions etc? or is it fairly straigt forward?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lawnmower:
If the vehicle is 15 years old to the month..........it's like falling off a log to bring a Land Rover to Canada.....easy as pie.......previous registration is required for customs and then its getting the truck inspected once here in Canada...... in Canada it is basically a comprehensive safety inspection period.......then registering it locally wherever that might be........just cost $$$$ and its a lot less than buying a NAS truck......but be prepared to some work to the truck once its here.......and do lots of looking before you buy....i would recommend going to the UK to see the truck you want to buy.i did and im glad i did..i have seen some trucks come over that my customers have purchased without seeing them first and it was not a pretty sight in some cases

hope this helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Red Rhino:
I bought my Land Rovers from Steve at L. Jackson & Co.......the 2 trucks (a 90 and a 110) bought were in Very,Very good condition.We went to L. Jackson & Co. and viewed them while on vacation and compared to all the trucks we saw in Canada of the same vintage there was no comparison. They had an extensive parts department to service there fleet...actually i chose the Cypriot Military Camo soft top from there parts department.....as i did not care for the style of the one that was on my 110 when it was presented by Steve and he graciously allowed my to exhange the old for the new. I also ordered the Goodyear G90s from him and they were installed prior to the 110 leaving the UK....I feel we had very good service from Jackson and would highly recommend them, but if buying a truck i would say it is imperative to go and view what your buying, as there are many grades of trucks to be had...as far as parts, i have not bought to much from Steve, as i know L. Jackson & Co. prefer's to sell vehicle's and not parts....As prices go i paid a premium price but then i got trucks that had be gone thru (to a certain degree) and had very good bodies, frames and running gear. They did need some work, but the work needed was of a personal preferance and not so much that they needed it. Both vehicles flew thru the Inpection process coming into Canada with no faults found at all.

Buying parts trucks would be something i would consider as they have a ton of them.....but then again might be a good idea to look at them as there are all grade's of parts trucks also.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.