Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am curious, has anyone fit headers to their Range Rover and if so what brand? I am rather frustrated with the lack of selection. I called Summit Racing today about the Hedman Headers listed on their website, then was refered to the Hedman Headers customer service. Hedman says that the part number on the Summit Racing website is for a RIGHT HAND DRIVE Range Rover and wont fit due to the steering wheel shaft on the left hand drive Rovers. Since this is the only set I can find anywhere, does any one have any experience with these or any other?

Thanks,

--Kris :confused

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
In order to use the Headman Headers you need to place a spacer on the DS engine mount or bang in the header a bit. A few D90 guys have done this and we have done it on my friends 95 D90. My partner (Adrian) has the Janspeed headers on his 91 RR. He did not have to modify the headers in any way. He did install new cats from Summit Racing and a flowmaster. Increase in performance is noticeable in the RR and the D90. I am getting ready to do this on my 95 D1. I will use the Janspeed headers (we sell them) and add two cats from Summit, flowmaster in the middle and straight pipe in the back.

I'm sure Adrian will chime in with more info.....

Just my experience.

John C.
www.4x4ag.com

BTW, I few folks are going to tell you that the headers warp or crack or whatever.... we haven't had any problems with them ...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where?

I checked out your website, I actually have it bookmarked already. I did not see anywhere on the site that indicated that you sold these. Can you send me a picture or two of them? How difficult is the install? How is the ease of accessing other systems and doing maintenance effected if at all?

Thank you for the reply,

--Kris

Ps. I may call tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts