Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
bad baffles in your muffler. test it by warming it up, go underneath, wack each muffler/converter with a rubber mallet. I think you will find it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its more of a bumping or puffing sound, not so much a rattle. I should mention this is a new muffler, oem. I've about had it. Ugh . Feels like something is always needing to be fixed.

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
Strange. It is definitely not your muffler. There's a lot more to an exhaust system than just a muffler. Check all the components.

Did you take it to a mechanic or to a muffler shop?

Colin

·
Registered
146 Posts
Almost sounds like a glasspack in the video. Are you hearing the sound along the length of the pipe or in a specific area? Couldn't tell from the video.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Just sounds like a bit of a miss in the motor. It might not be the exhaust system, it is just that the new system allows you to hear it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats what I thought at first but had to replace the engine and the noise is the same with this engine as it was with the bad engine

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Thats what I thought at first but had to replace the engine and the noise is the same with this engine as it was with the bad engine
When you replaced the engine i assume that you reused the old ignition and fuel injection system from your old motor. Therefore the things that would cause a miss are the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts