Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 D1 and one of the three studs that mount the exhaust to the manafold fell out..

1) should I just replace it with a bolt that fits and call it a day
2) get the correct stud?

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I would check to see how much a replacement is and if its not too bad then just buy it; otherwise I would just get a nyloc bolt to fit (unless it would melt the nyloc part, then I'd just get a regular rust-resistant bolt).

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Rudy R said:
I have a 96 D1 and one of the three studs that mount the exhaust to the manafold fell out..

1) should I just replace it with a bolt that fits and call it a day
2) get the correct stud?
Rudy,
You stand a good chance of breaking a regular bolt over time, it won't handle the hot/cold movement caused by the engines heat.
Get a factory bold and you won't need to deal with it again later.
Mike J.

· Registered
734 Posts
Disco Mike said:
Rudy,
You stand a good chance of breaking a regular bolt over time, it won't handle the hot/cold movement caused by the engines heat.
Get a factory bold and you won't need to deal with it again later.
Mike J.

Agree, the last thing you want is to snap it off in the head at some point. I had a bum spark plug break off in the #2 cylinder last month, and after several attempts with easy outs, and magic potions, voo doo, etc. I had to have the head pulled and get it removed. I did not have the time or place to do it myself at the time..........$810.00 :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Get the replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.