Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading up on how to install shocks and springs, thanks for the help guys :buttrock: , but I cant find anything on how to install the extended brake lines. Could someone explain how?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Badger,
The procedure should be the same as replacing the existing lines. The only tricky bit is that you'll have to bleed out the system after swapping the lines. I'm going to tackle this at some point in the near future once my Disco shows up because 1) I'm doing prep work for a lift and 2) the system need to be bled out anyway...might as well upgrade and dump the 10 year old hoses...

Oh yeah, and anytime you do undercarriage work, remember, PBBlaster is your friend...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The Motive power bleeder is a good investment, you can bleed the whole system by yourself with on of these units.

When bleeding your brake lines start with the farthest caliper from the brake reservoir/booster. In other words start with the PS rear tire and work your way closer to the brake system.

Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot guys. Its not as tricky as I thought it would be. And the lines being extended, I guess I have to make sure they don't pinch or kink while the everthing is moving.

·
Registered
734 Posts
John C said:
The Motive power bleeder
I have heard of these, who carries them? Gotta be better than a vacuum hose and a jar of fluid...............I usually feel odd telling someone "Pump and Hold.....Pump and Hold" :confused

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought mine from British Pacific, but I'm sure you could google up other vendors. The power bleeder really is the beans though. What I'll usually do for a few days before tackling the job is to hit the bleed valves each day with a shot of PBBlaster so that they loosen easily.

I'm not sure about the situation with the D1 yet, but for the series truck, they have an adapter that just threads on to the brake and clutch mc...don't have to worry about the "generic" adapter...

Bogatyr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.