Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Proud to be an Infidel
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was solicited via letter mail regarding extended warranty. Apparently this company has a database of Land Rover owners, purchased date, mileage and warranty information. When I called they were able to tell me the exact date that my vehicle was out of warranty. They are offering warranty up to a 100,000 miles (time line to be checked).
The warranty as was explained to me is your basic Land Rover warranty covering the same components and expenses such as towing, hotel, meals, (if broken down away from home) and car rental. They also indicate that warranty is transferable with vehicle sale.
They further indicated that you can take your truck to your place of choice to be fixed (Sears or your private mechanic etc.).
The carrier is IAP, London Property Insurance.
They are based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida but claimed that they do business in all other States except California. :rolleyes: :dunno:
They will also use whatever legitimate address you provide them in an alternate state to lower your cost. Should anyone decide to act on this information, please verify through whatever channels are available to you as to the validity of this offer. They quoted me $4,000 for 4 years or 100K (whichever comes first?). They must have known I was broke because they readily offered to finance me (13% egad!).
I will now give you two phone numbers:
Use both wisely.
Warranty Notification (lic #e079026) 800-231-8748
South East Better Business Bureau 561-342-1918

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with this company and will not be held liable for any use of this data. If challenged I will categorically deny it all and blame it on the republicans. :dunno:
Sorry for the long post.

·
2,986 Posts
I think LR's own extended warranty service is cheaper than that... Even though I still have an extended warranty, I probably get a "You're almost out of warranty" solicatation almost weekly from some company trying to sell me

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi; I recently purchased my D2 after leasing. The LR dealer told me the extended (3 more years or 50K miles for a total of 7 years or 100k miles) warry was normally $2400, but there was a 'special' where it would be $1600. If I wanted only 2 more years or 50K, then the price was $1200. If your D2 is out of warr either because of time (4 years for a 2002 D2) or mileage (it must be inspected before 49K) then you can not extend the warr unless you pay for an 'inspection' fee of $1200.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.