Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I bought my first Disco last week and discovered this great site yesterday. So far, I love everything about my 2002 Disco, but am taking it to the dealer Thursday for some simple warranty work.

My question is, should a person consider purchasing an extended warranty for a 38K mile Disco that has been babied and regularly dealer serviced since new. This one's never been offroad or towed anything. I don't know the reliability of these vehicles, but I can only imagine the repair costs are astronomical! Thanks for any insight. Glen

·
Registered
709 Posts
I would definitely say it's worth it! I have a 2000 Disco that had an extended warranty that the previous owner purchased that I had transfered to our name. It paid for itself after the first visit! we had a $ 1200.00 problem that only cost us $100 (deductible). It's a "small" investment to make sure you're covered. Talk with your Land Rover dealer and have them explain. Ours is with Land Rover North America, Inc.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Yes, do it. And yes, you'll use it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Warranty company

Hey Disco II, here's who I got my extended through...bumper to bumper on my 2000 DII...$200.00 ded, also got all of the options as far as uncovered part etc...just in case you've not gotten yours yet.

Rick John Jr
Mechanical Breakdown Assistance Corp.
Phone (480) 551-0191
Fax (480) 551-0193
Cell (602) 741-5793

·
Registered
23 Posts
extended warranty

If I remember correctly, since I waited a few miles and months too long, could only go 3yr 36 or 48k out. It is bumper to bumper, covering elect, drivetrain, I opted for a few options too, got the uncovered part, so if a covered part takes out an uncovered part, it's covered, there was another option as well but for the life of me, I can't remember...I believe it ran me about 1800.00 with a 200.00 deductable. Sounds expensive but, considereing what major reparis will cost, it was a bargain...now this was about 6mos ago too so...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.