Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a ton of pics. Used boxes of ziploc bags with notes. I still have a couple orphan parts.

I'm pretty sure the ground strap is rear of head to firewall, but find myself doubting that recollection. The two bolts with spacers- I thought for sure these went in one of the accessory drives on the front of the engine, but after way too much time looking, staring and head scratching, I need help.

TIA!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I took a ton of pics. Used boxes of ziploc bags with notes. I still have a couple orphan parts.

I'm pretty sure the ground strap is rear of head to firewall, but find myself doubting that recollection. The two bolts with spacers- I thought for sure these went in one of the accessory drives on the front of the engine, but after way too much time looking, staring and head scratching, I need help.

TIA!

The spacers & bolts look like the belt/pulley cover at the top by the A/C compressor, the strap looks like the piece that attaches on the left rear cylinder head to firewall.

Doug

·
Registered
35 Posts
X2 on the ground strap at the rear of the left head. Just did my head gaskets in December. If I remember right the bolt hole is at the bottom left of the head, viewe'd from the back. It's hard to see as its so close to the firewall.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Reinstalling the ground strap is important. Do that right away.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am COMPLETELY serious. If I were you I'd do it TODAY.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well, after reading up on it, I see now why that ground strap is important.

However, I am having trouble getting it back into the head - there is simply not enough room up next to the fire wall.

I'll be on the hunt for a super shorty bolt of same thread~age.

But in the meantime, any other input is always greatly appreciated.

-sobieski

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Air injection manifold / pipe. Goes along the top back of the engine and attaches into the rest of the plumbing for air injection.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nothing yet.

Not in any hurry to finish this thing. I poke at it when I have a few hours. And with Spring here finally, business is busy and everything neglected over the winter suddenly got important.

I pulled the two crossmember bolts and raised the trans to get at the lowe head bolt on the left side, so I may try that.

While important, it's not magic. If it's not possible to do with the head on, I'll find another location.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry for duplicate posts, you are right about the Sai pipe. If you can get it in after the upper intake tho you are magic. Mine went in the trash. But I don't need to e-test.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.