Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've struck gold and found a factory grill guard for my 2001 D2. I found it on Craigslist for about $200 dollars! I went to go get it and it was already removed from the seller's Disco (they had the car painted and the wife liked her vehicle better without it) The seller included the headlight guards, and a baggie full of hardware that was apparently on the vehicle/brush guard when it was removed.
I've done quite a bit of reading before posting, but I don't understand where this guard mounts. I understand a whole must be cut to access the mounting point on the passenger side but I honestly don't see how or where it would go. I've got a bag with bolts in it and something that looks like brackets. I will be more than happy to post pictures of the pieces I have to make sure I have all that is required. I just want to get this sucker on!

Thanks in advance for any advice

· Registered
55 Posts
There are a few factory bumper guard versions. What is the model number for the guard?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey ACG,

I appreciate the link, and to answer your question I believe the model number to be stc50022 b0. If you or anyone else could give me further information and verify that this grill guard actually fits my vehicle, I would appreciate it!

· Registered
55 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
not to be a stick in the mud, but you may consider not installing that thing. yeah they look cool, but they will ruin your front end if you are ever in an accident.

i had a 5mph accident with on on mine and instead of what should have been just a cracked bumper and maybe a grill. i ended up having to replace the hood, fenders, bumper and the grill. nearly totaled my truck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.