Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone please tell me what the recommended oil viscosity is for an American market, 2000 LR Disco II? Looking for an OEM factory spec straight out of the manual. I can't find a straight answer.

Ive heard both 10w-40 and 5w-30.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Do you have a owners manual, it lists the many different weights based on your location/ambient temp.
You might want to look at my major service list posted at the top of this section and follow it exactly, especially the front drive shaft, make sure it has 1 grease fitting on each of the 3 front u-joints or it will have to be replaced or rebuilt before it fails and takes your tranny with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone else searching for this info, the Discovery II service manual recommends the following:

Engine oil - V8 - North America
Use a 5W/30, 5W/40 or 10W/40 oil meeting specifications API SH or SJ, having a viscosity band suitable for the temperature range of your locality.

Temp range for 10W/40: approx 10 - 120 deg F
Temp range for 5W/40: -20 - 120 deg F
Temp range for 5W/30: -20 - 90 deg F

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
For anyone else searching for this info, the Discovery II service manual recommends the following:

Engine oil - V8 - North America
Use a 5W/30, 5W/40 or 10W/40 oil meeting specifications API SH or SJ, having a viscosity band suitable for the temperature range of your locality.

Temp range for 10W/40: approx 10 - 120 deg F
Temp range for 5W/40: -20 - 120 deg F
Temp range for 5W/30: -20 - 90 deg F
Seriously? You bring THIS back from the dead for your first ever post?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts