Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you D1 gurus out there--

I've had my wife's stock '98 D1 for sale for over two months and have gotten nothing more than some really lame inquiries. Just got a call from a guy who has already offered $6500 sight unseen (he doesn't know LRs and he's buying for his son). Other than the usual leaks, the vehicle is in very good condition inside and out and has 99K on the clock. Maybe this is a stupid question, but is $6500 a fair offer for this truck?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Price

GriffSC said:
To all you D1 gurus out there--

I've had my wife's stock '98 D1 for sale for over two months and have gotten nothing more than some really lame inquiries. Just got a call from a guy who has already offered $6500 sight unseen (he doesn't know LRs and he's buying for his son). Other than the usual leaks, the vehicle is in very good condition inside and out and has 99K on the clock. Maybe this is a stupid question, but is $6500 a fair offer for this truck?

Thanks.
I don't recall your asking price , $6,500 sounds fair if it is within 500 to 1000
of your original price and you need to sell it ASAP . Except for the defender,
you can take a real beating on the resale of these trucks.

Good luck joe



P.S. Richard simmons WTF? For the love of god Where's Johnny Wadd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
frickjp said:
We ran a '99 through the auction a coupla' months back, and it brought 6,200. 90K, one owner, all records, no leaks, no flaws.

Did you get the "Is it four wheel drive?" question yet?
based on what you guys are tellin' me, it's a fair price. i was hoping for around $7K, but we need to part with it... don't need 4 cars right now, especially when three of them are SUVs.

yes, i did get the 4-wheel drive question. i also got the scam, "i'll send you a certified check for $15K and you send me the difference." whatever... f'in fraud f'ers.

thanks guys.

p.s. johhny wadd is on vacation, so everyone's favorite anal swashbuckler is filling in, so to speak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
GriffSC said:
based on what you guys are tellin' me, it's a fair price. i was hoping for around $7K, but we need to part with it... don't need 4 cars right now, especially when three of them are SUVs.

yes, i did get the 4-wheel drive question. i also got the scam, "i'll send you a certified check for $15K and you send me the difference." whatever... f'in fraud f'ers.

thanks guys.

p.s. johhny wadd is on vacation, so everyone's favorite anal swashbuckler is filling in, so to speak.
WTF, I'm still laughing. :D
 

·
Member
Joined
·
2,986 Posts
If what you wanted is $7000, and you got an offer for $6500, then I'd say absolutely go for it. $500 less than your set on price is generally great... from what I've seen with discos and d90s, they generally end up dropping 2-5k under their asking price before they can sell it.
 

·
Magicly Delicious
Joined
·
1,030 Posts
i know the used car dealer dropped the price on my truck at least $1500, before i stumbled upon it.

though i did do a quick kbb check and your 98 came out to about $8600
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
I paid 6200 for my 97 XD with 130k, granted I spent a little more because its an XD, but I'd say 6500 for your truck is a good price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Griff, -500-1k isn't that bad of a deal. As long as you are comfortable with it? I know you were the original owner, so it's harder to sell for less... I would say if the buyer is committed than go for it. Less hassle to deal with trying to sell it than taking a bit of a loss...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sold

thanks for the input guys.

just sold her to a brazilian nanny (no, she's not hot... not even luke warm. think richard simmons afro colored purple with eyes like marty feldman and a grill and hump like quasimodo). got $6750, so not so bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no sale

well, she's still for sale. the brazilian bitch nixed the deal because i wouldn't list the purchase price as $2K instead of $6750. she didn't want to pay the tax. i know it's common practice to fudge the purchase price, but i ain't committing fraud. call me old fashioned but that's me. besides, it would have been a freakin' waste for her to own the Disco.
 

·
Forward!
Joined
·
2,324 Posts
GriffSC said:
thanks for the input guys.

just sold her to a brazilian nanny (no, she's not hot... not even luke warm. think richard simmons afro colored purple with eyes like marty feldman and a grill and hump like quasimodo). got $6750, so not so bad.

Hey Griff, sorry to hear about the bad luck!


You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of her would you.......she sounds kind of hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,468 Posts
GriffSC said:
well, she's still for sale. the brazilian bitch nixed the deal because i wouldn't list the purchase price as $2K instead of $6750. she didn't want to pay the tax. i know it's common practice to fudge the purchase price, but i ain't committing fraud. call me old fashioned but that's me. besides, it would have been a freakin' waste for her to own the Disco.

I'm so proud of you. I just shed a tear. No, wait. It was from the other end. ;) :D

Anyways...good to hear you stuck to your guns...er...um....you know what I mean. :drink1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Man that's pretty weak...

My aunt wanted us to do the same when we sold her our '97 Disco. I told her I already sent in the release of liability to DMV... :dunno: Man, just because she was family she thought I'd go for it.... Luckily my wife agreed that it was pretty messed up of her to ask...









Don't tell our aunt I lied though ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
is this the blue LE up in santa cruz? i saw your ad and was wondering if it's still for sale

i'm looking for a d1 and will (hopefully) be in the market in about a month or 2. if it's still available then, maybe i can come take a look? i'm in soCal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yep

one and the same! i pm'd you about it a week or so ago, but since i didn't hear from you, i figured you weren't interested. please come check it out. i'd much rather sell it to someone who knows rovers than the bozos who have been calling me about it.

lemme know.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top