Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Why, are you needing to pull the fan?
Some parts store rent fan tools, sometimes they work on our truck sometime you just find a very this wrench.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, replacing my water pump and fan clutch but not the fan. Don't want start and then not have the right tools.

·
certified idiot
692 Posts
I have one of these sets and use the 36mm wrench, thin and strong.
15 Piece Metric Service Wrench Set

the first time I removed the fan clutch I used an air chisel and just tapped it off but I discovered the nut is only a thin walled nut and is easily damaged with the air chisel so when I replaced it I used a wrench. once its loose it just spins off.
cheers
Bari

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
After renting the "fan tool set" from the local auto-parts place I found that they never really fit correctly. Seemed like a sloppy fit and after a couple try's it just rounded the fan bolt and didn't always loosen the fan. That pic above looks like a nice set of wrenches!

I found this tool to help and always did the trick. It's an 1" and 7/16's box end wrench from the local tool place, in this case Tool King. It fits snug and with the belts still on, you slip it on the nut and give it a whack with a good size hammer on the rounded side, just to the right and away it goes, it has never failed yet. Just remember to leave the belts on so there is tension on the pulleys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts