Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my previous post I've located the fault display under the passenger seat. I've followed the directions to clear the fault codes which details turning ignition on, disconnect serial mating plug etc.

I've tried this multiple times but my code ( Code 44 - Lambda sensor) won't clear. The serial mating plug I am disconnecting is attached to the display unit itself.

Question is : Is this the correct plug? Also, is code 44 something to be concerned about?

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Have you replaced the O2 sensors yet, if not the code won't reset.
Mike J.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
If you are over 75000 miles, change them both out, then try to clear the codes.
mike J.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. It was in fact the O2 sensor. Since I couldn't clear the code myself ( disco Mike you are correct) I had to take it to the local Stealer. Luckily when I bought the truck I also had purchased an extended warranty through Wayne at Warranties 4 Wheels. Just to let you know, the Stealer charged $375 for the part and $170 for labor!!! All covered by Great Lakes Warranties!

Okie -next time I'm under the passenger seat I'll be sure to snap a pic of the Serial Link cable for you. It's easy to locate, it's attached directly to the fault code display under the seat. The display unit is removable ( just slide the unit up off of the bracket) and follow the cable that is attached directly to the unit (about 1 ft.in length) where it will be tangled with a mess of wires under the seat. It's the only cable that is attached to the unit itself.

Hope this helps

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Here's a pic of the ECU: http://www.carelect.demon.co.uk/pic3.jpg

the serial link get's plugged into that.

BTW, if you have to buy OEM O2sensors get them from Nathan Crabtree, he has the best prices. My partner just ordered a set on Tuesday and received them on Wednesday (he's in NJ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.