Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fixed up an 02 discovery kalahari that was sitting for 6 years...
I’m looking for wipers. I’ve been to Napa an auto-zone, struck out at both. There’s a fancy new Land Rover/Jag showroom about 8 miles away...Need I go factory or what have you guys found to work well?

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
If you want to ease your life fit D1 wiper arms(that's what i did) then you can use any proper lenght blades from supermarkets or gas stations cos for he D2 you'll need dedicated blades which have special clips and they are not available everywhere only at LR part suppliers and more expensive as well

·
Super Moderator
2,118 Posts
Same here
D1 arms accept conventional blades
Michelin blades from Costco have lasted for 2 years and still working great. They are about 9 bucks each , any size

·
Drives like an old man
398 Posts
I got mine at Autozone. I did have to order them but they were not expensive. As I recall, about $3 each and they fit the original D2 wipers. I only change them about every 3 years, so it's no great inconvenience.

·
G4 Mike
97 Posts
I did what Fery said, put on D1 arms. Blades are available everywhere. I got tired of ordering Bosch blades at O'reillys and only having that choice and paying $30 a pair.

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
I must not go through wipers like everybody else. It costs me about $75 to replace all three wipers on my d2, and like @discomania04 im only doing it every few years.

I’ve thought about the d1 arm conversion, but I guess I like the d2 look and feel

·
Expert Crate Digger
226 Posts
D1 arms & Rain-X blades... Driver 21", passenger 20" & rear 14".
Regularly clean your blades with white vinegar and a rag. You'll thank me later. lol

·
Super Moderator
2,118 Posts
Being able to get a new wiper blade anywhere and any time has its advantage

$3 for a wiper blade? Must be an old style refill??

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
Not for D2 Bosch. Maybe meant $30 lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well very interesting. Well I’m in the Pacific Northwest and it rains substantially, the gents at both retail locations said nay.

idk if I can wait and order a set, d1 conversion sounds interesting but having just received my tags and plates I’d like to plug an play now. Dealer has 6 sets in stock...

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
I’m also in PNW, and I had to drive to the second closest oreilly auto to pick them up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$80 large later I’ve got two front wipers from the brand spankin new dealership.

I had no idea what a new loaded Range Rovers asking price was...I bet my kalahari was about the price of one of they’re rims!

·
Drives like an old man
398 Posts
Not for D2 Bosch. Maybe meant $30 lol
No, really, I think I paid $6 for the pair. There's nothing magic about them. They're just crappy old wipers, same as every other. And maybe they didn't charge me the right price, but it was cheap and they went right on, just like the originals.

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
Can you share a pic of your setup?

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
Lol I meant the $3 wiper replacements.

I do love a white disco tho

·
Bleeds Green
126 Posts
$80 large later I’ve got two front wipers from the brand spankin new dealership.
Exactly why I switched to D1 wipers as well. Also, the plastic arms on the DII fatigue and change shape which can cause them to rub a nice scratch on the window. I swapped the rear on mine for a D1 as well. Unfortunately the previous owner ran the rear with the old warped arm and I have a nice scratch on my window.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts