Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
i've been meaning to get out there for a while. ill go if can afford it. though i think ill be ok.

so whats the plan so far? just the day? or is there going to be a some camping?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
roverX said:
It ain't that kind of trip buddy...:eek:
I was thinking about rewording it...but how else? "I want to get some action with other rover guys?" lol

roverX said:
LOL, but seriously, if we don't camp, you can always crash at my place.
that might be a bit awkward.....assuming a friend comes, perhaps we will stay at a motel 6 or something for a night....might get lucky and find one for $25-30/night.....if we end the trails by around 5pm....then we will drive back....but if we all go to dinner someplace or something, then I guess we will stay somewhere.

I could just imagine....

"Ok Mom, ill cya later....im going to be sleeping at this guys house in california....yeah....about 5 hours away....he is really nice, and promises candy and toys......want to see his [old] avatar?"

LMAO :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
keptin said:
"Ok Mom, ill cya later....im going to be sleeping at Griff's house in california....yeah....about 5 hours away....he is really nice, and promises candy and toys......want to see his [old] avatar?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had to change it b/c you're a minor...had to protect the innocent. I'm sure Griff won't mind....:D Just say "Hi" to Series3guy....:eek:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
roverX said:
I'm sure Griff won't mind....:D Just say "Hi" to Series3guy....:eek:
i can only hope for some new meat. Series3's sasquatch routine is getting rather old... much like x's sheep scene before.

josh, you and your "friend" are welcome as long as you're willing to change diapers and, more importantly, if either one of you are lactating.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GriffSC said:
more importantly, if either one of you are lactating.

Hey man!!! I thought that was what you needed me for???:confused Kick me to the curb...geeeez!;)

Yeah...what's up with all this sheep stuff again??:dunno: :D :drink1:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
GriffSC said:
josh, you and your "friend" are welcome as long as you're willing to change diapers and, more importantly, if either one of you are lactating.
thanks for the offer....whatever works, perhaps I will talk with him and see if he wants to go.

sry, his name is JP Castel, he is my main off-road "buddy", if you will.

this is his jeep, he is the one 2nd from the left:

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Is that you on the far left? Or are you taking the pic?

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
keptin said:
thanks for the offer....whatever works, perhaps I will talk with him and see if he wants to go.

sry, his name is JP Castel, he is my main off-road "buddy", if you will.

this is his jeep, he is the one 2nd from the left:

Dude, you guys look like you're posing for some gay AmberCrombie and Fitch catalog....:eek: or maybe Aeropastole....:confused

:D

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts

Aeropastole? I dont wear any designer clothes.....though my friends do....if I want something ripped and worn I wear it in the shop working on the rover for a week. ...you saw me, I think I wore generic fleece jacket and jeans last time....will probably wear the same stuff next.

we were actually posing though....I had to get pictures for a yearbook spread, and unfortunatly that meant posing for some shots....in truth, we really dont use maps for trails, just keep driving and turn where we want.....can always back track.

we ended up using a shot similar to this picture for the yearbook....sadly, it couldnt be bias and include only my car, and the spot to fill was vertical and rather small.

ragerover...I am the one taking the pic...the only pic I have uploaded of me on the internet is this one:

....it was after an 8.5 hour remote res shock install, at night time, in the freezing cold.....I was tired....it was 12:30am when we finished.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
That was funny...Abercrombie and Fitch catalog, oh man that's funny. But that's cool to get your rigs in your yearbook.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
*Hijack* we were interviewed and pictures taken of us for a full page spread in our high school newspaper.....it will come out in the next week or two ....oh, btw, sry for all the hijacking :) *hijack*

Steve, where exactly are we meeting...and is this a 100% go, how long (it has to be worth the 10 hour round trip), etc. etc. I need to plan......I hope you understand if I decide not to go.....it will be $100 round trip in fuel alone.....if there is enough rovers and enough time on the trails then it will be worth it.....I am already dedicated to Mendo XII.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
keptin said:
ragerover...I am the one taking the pic...the only pic I have uploaded of me on the internet is this one:

....it was after an 8.5 hour remote res shock install, at night time, in the freezing cold.....I was tired....it was 12:30am when we finished.
Yeah it would appear so. You look like your drunk or something.:beer: :lol: J/K :D You guys get a lot of opportunities to go off-roading. Cool stuff.

I should start posting pics of my off road adventures. Just gave me an idea.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
keptin said:
*Hijack* we were interviewed and pictures taken of us for a full page spread in our high school newspaper.....it will come out in the next week or two ....oh, btw, sry for all the hijacking :) *hijack*

Steve, where exactly are we meeting...and is this a 100% go, how long (it has to be worth the 10 hour round trip), etc. etc. I need to plan......I hope you understand if I decide not to go.....it will be $100 round trip in fuel alone.....if there is enough rovers and enough time on the trails then it will be worth it.....I am already dedicated to Mendo XII.
Josh, I'll probably meet you guys here in Modesto and we'll take the back way to Hollister. It is about 1.5 hours from my house. Not sure of the time yet. I am hoping to camp for the night but that will depend on the weather.

Tell your mom I said "Hi.":D

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
thats not bad.....its about 3 hours to your house....in that case I will probably go....though I dont know for sure about anyone else. JP is the only one I would trust to go....I have a friend with a DI, but his t-case refuses to shift into low gear atm.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.