Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
very disco
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m finally getting around to wiring my bearmach switches instead of the janky universal switches for my additional lighting. I used to install car alarms and such for a living so I’m very competent with wiring and connections, but the diagram provided for the switches offers two scenarios:

one scenario involves a ground trigger to the relay and the other a +12v trigger to the relay. Where I’m stumped is the wiring into the switches. Both diagrams have different pinouts, and they both indicate different internal signal routing within the switch.

am I to assume that there are diodes and pathways inside the switch, and I can wire in whichever manner I choose?

·
Registered
82 Posts
First diagram runs independently of the headlights.

The second runs the aux driving lights slaved to the headlamp low beams.

·
very disco
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes that part is clear. On a side note, the electronic copy of the top diagram from bearmach suggests that 86 is +12v slaved from the high beams. see pic:

What’s confusing is:
Option A)
1. Earth to relay
2. Illumination
3. (Internally linked?) ground
4. Earth for switch LED
5. Loop back from lights for ON LED

Option B)
1. +12v (switched from HL)
2. Illumination
3. (Internally linked?) ground
4. +12v to relay
5. Earth

it seems to me that if pin1 can be either +12v in from headlights OR earth out to relay, there must be either internal isolated circuitry (seems a little excessive for a cheap switch) or something I’m missing.
More confusing is the fact the it shows a different switch in each picture!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts